Esha Deol: If I had to debut in today's time, I would definitely choose an action movie.

 Esha Deol: If I had to debut in today's time, I would definitely choose an action movie.


    After taking time out of her professional life to enjoy motherhood, Esha Deol returns to the business. The actress recently produced and starred in a movie titled "Ek Duaa" that was released on OTT. In an interview with ETimes, Esha spoke about the digital space, her love of fitness, and more. Excerpts.

There is a surge of female-oriented content on OTT and it has breathed new life into many actors. How do you see this change?

    The OTT platform is booming and there is a wide variety of content to choose from. You can choose the type of work you want to do. It has brought a new era for actors. I think there has been great work out there; performances are shown. When it comes to female-oriented movies, even my mother has made some great female-oriented movies back then. So now, I think OTT has a lot more variety and that's great.

You've been one of the fittest actors we have in B-town. How important do you think fitness is today?

I take great pride when I hear that I am one of the fittest actors in Bollywood because so much work has been done to look fit back then and even today. I love exercising and keeping my body sculpted. I really enjoyed my pregnancies. I ate whatever I wanted to eat. I gained a lot of weight. I even enjoyed the breastfeeding period, when I was quite plump. I did not commit to anything. Now that I'm back in front of the camera, I took some time and worked on myself. I think I'm in very good shape now. But there is always something you can improve on. My coaches have been very good to me. I go back to training with Satyajit Chaurasiya, who I used to train with during "Dhoom". It is a lot of fun to exercise. I balance weight training and cardio with yoga. For a woman like me, who works and takes care of the children and my husband, we must keep our mind, body, and soul-aligned. So yoga helps me a lot to stay calm.

When it comes to fitness today, I can see a huge transformation. People do different kinds of workouts and attend classes. They take care of themselves, eat healthily, and refrain from bad habits. Everyone is trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Of course, the pandemic has also had a great impact on people so people want to take even more care of their health. I see my sisters-in-law and cousins ​​trying different workouts. I have my friends who train regularly at their homes. It's so nice to see that everyone wants to stay in shape. Today Mumbai gives off Los Angeles vibes where it's all about yoga and exercise. It is wonderful to witness this.

If you debuted in the current era, what kind of movie would you love to be a part of?

If it debuted in today's time, it would definitely pick an action movie. That is something I would like to try.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post